Monday 21 June 2010

Short Fuse

Short Fuse

Have you ever had one of those days where your mood seems to drop all of a sudden? Or have you ever had one of those days when the smallest thing will get on your nerves? Well that is me most days. My mum always said that I had a short temper and one day i was going to get into big trouble so before that happened she would beat it out of me, the irony is not lost on me. But it worked sort off, I learned to control my temper, a little bit. However there are some days when the slightest thing gets on my nerve.

This morning I woke up to the usual sweet sound of my son discovering his voice and practising his words when he thinks no one is listening. This time instead of thinking it's too early and begging God for more sleep I jumped out and got on with the day. Took the little one with me fed and played with him, cleaned up the kitchen, sterilised all the babies goods for the day and waited to make breakfast. But then the hurricane arrived, OK that might be an exaggeration but it was a phone call the appointment was moved up and I had to run out the house immediately.

There I am running down the road hoping I know where I am going. I get to the bus stop jump on the bus only to be told by the bus driver that he has no idea what I am talking about. I get off and hope that the next bus driver will know where the main local school is and be more helpful. I grab for my iPod then realise the headphones I have bought don't fit, then I look at my phone only to notice that it hasn't charged enough even though it has been on for hours. By now the next bus is here I am watching the clock because my appointment must be waiting ask the bus driver if he passes the school and he replies he has no idea. By now I am irrupted beyond belief and want to go crazy. I get on anyway and hope for the best. I miss my bus stop run all the way to the appointment which then lasts 2 minutes and I flop onto the floor and think why did that happen. I can honestly say my irritation levels are through the roof and I have had enough.

I am not sure why but each little thing irritated me, some days it's just like that no matter how hard I try my irritation level is through the roof. Today though it got to me thinking what is that gets us so irritated? Why is it that for some us like me the slightest things will get us going some days and it's hard to snap out of. Well as I sat there on the floor outside a garage I can't say that God said this is why but I did come to the realisation that I could change my response. If all things are possible through Christ who strengthens me then through Christ my response can be different. So as I walked home and realised that my bag had broken I smiled and knew I didn't have to be in such a bad mood but instead I could walk home with a broken bag, a dead phone, no headphones and be very tired from my early start and still smile as the sun shone down on me and baked me to a crisp :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment