Tuesday 29 June 2010

Bible Thought for Today: Acts 10:1-2

"At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion of what was known as the Italian Cohort, a devout man who feared God with all his household, gave alms generously to the people, and prayed continually to God." Acts 10:1-2 (ESV)

You know there is a lit that can be said about Cornelius but I want to concentrate on a small detail. The bible says that all of Cornelius household worshipped God. Now there can be two explanations for this 

1. Cornelius only hired God-fearing people 
2. Everyone who was in Cornelius presence became a believer because of his relationships with them and with God. 

Now I am going to tell you why I think it's option number two. Here is the deal, the bible then immediately follows that statement with the fact Cornelius leaved out what he believed, giving to the poor and praying all the time. To see that as a real example especially fro. A man in his position at that time must have been a tremendous witness of God. 

I sit here in the comfort of the 21st century and actually think he is an amazing witness of Gods practical love supreme. This man didn't just believe he was a man of faith of action of God. So what about me? I believe in God, I believe in his message and messenger how does it shape me? Well after reading those two verses I need to think a little more before I act as those around me, closest to me are looking at my witness of God. Wow that's deep I am going to take that to God in prayer right now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment