Monday 7 June 2010

Devotion: Acts 1

Ok i am gonna try my best not to scream. But i just wrote this devotion and now its gone and all i wanna do is cry. But here goes again i will do my best to write something descent.

Basically i am going to try and do my devotion eveyday and then write a thought on my blog from my devotion that day. I say try because to be honest i am human and get disrracted at the drop of a hat. But i am hoping the fact that i have said this means i will follow through and get on with it. So here goes...

Acts chapter 1
In this chapter the disciples are asking Jesus when is he going to free Israel. It doesn't matter to them that he just died and rose again or that he is the saviour of the world and not just Israel. It also doesn't matter that he is the forgiver of sins or the way to the father. They are still caught up in the here and now. They are finding it difficult to get out of their current situation and look at the bigger picture.

This got me thinking about my own life. Everyday i think about phone bills, and the roof over my head and a million other things about my daily life but very rarely do i look up and see the bigger picture. Every so often i need to lift my head out of my daily grind and look up for the bigger picture. This is not always easy but thankfully God cares about the small things as well as the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment