Thursday 10 June 2010

Devotion: Acts 4 part one

Devotion: Acts 4

I think today of all days i needed to read this. Have you ever had one of those days where hope seems to be running away? Well today is that day for me. The last straw, well there were actually two, the first was the house i had been looking at and praying for was sold. The big sold sticker was like a shot to my heart. There i was praying for a miracle and then the house got sold, big sticker to prove it. The second was coming out of my room to a haze of smoke. Any non smokers will understand the distress of this especially when you are trying to take the baby to his bedroom through the fog. 

So i went for a walk to get it out of my system. I came home and continued to read my devotion and found myself stuck at this text,

"There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

There it was in black and white we must be saved and God will save us through Jesus. It sounds corny but at that moment my hope came flooding back so what if the house was gone there will be other houses. So what if they smoke that will pass. So what if things aren't how i want them to be the truth is God will save me and that is really all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment