Sunday 1 June 2014

Because of Love they know who you serve

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:34, 35 NLT)



I have read this text before. It's not the first time. However today I really thought about it. Do people know that you love God because of how loving you are? 



I was giving the example the other day of those Christians who are just lovely. You know those ones who are so sweet that really you can't help but notice they must be a Christian. By contrast I was saying I was praying for that quality. I am loud and opinionated and challenging. I think I am loving but do others notice this? Reading the text has further challenged this thought. 

I wonder what people see when they look at me? Do they see a loving God who saves or do they see something else in me. I hope daily that I reflect the love if God. But even as a mother I know how challenging this is to pull off all the time. Children can push you on this. 



Maybe what I am saying is that I am trying to be a reflection of the God I serve. I hope I am not failing because God is better than anything I can do. But he says let's be loving and I think that seems achievable.  


No comments:

Post a Comment