Wednesday 9 January 2013

What has changed?

Today is my birthday. It's not one ending in 0 but 5 so it's semi important. Today my birthday has made me ask what has changed since I turned into an adult at 18?

In some ways I would argue that obviously my life has changed. I am a grown up now with responsibilities husband, kids, pastor friend etc. That is good the circumstances surrounding my life are different. I am not where I was at 18. I have done things and achieved things that I am very proud of. But that doesn't seem enough I am still asking myself what has changed?

I often joke with friends that really I am only 5 and we have these fun times of being a child again and it's great. But really I am proud of being an adult but at the moment I am questioning how much I have grown as a person. I believe that as Christians God wants us to be the best version of ourselves we can be. He wants each day for us to grow to be better than the day before through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit. (I am not a perfectionist in a theological sense just believe in improving). But today I ask myself what has changed? Have I grown? Am I becoming the best version of myself I can be?

To be honest today I think not. But here is the amazing thing about this journey as a Christian. That is ok just learn and try fur tomorrow. Today Might feel as though my journey hasn't come far enough but that us my feeling not what Gods word says. God wants us to be the best we can be but he loves us just as we are. The really great thing is what we don't have can't do God says ask him and he will supply it.

So today is my birthday ending in 5. I pray for me and for you that God will help us in each step of our lives to be the best we can be. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment