Monday 7 January 2013

New Year New Me?

So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. (1 Corinthians 9:26 NLT)

I have been writing this blog for over six weeks and have yet to publish anything but not for lack of trying. First came sickness then came Christmas, birthdays, New Years and much more. It got me to thinking about the intentional way we live our lives each day. I have to be honest that despite being a super organised, neat freak, I fly by the seat of my pants, as the saying goes. Instead of living each day with purpose I take each day as it comes and go with the flow usually taking the laziest option. 

I found this text in Corinthians and while of course the extended text is fascinating and insightful and life changing this sentence caught me by surprise.

So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. (1 Corinthians 9:26 NLT)

Today I want to run with purpose. I want each step I take to not to be just shadowboxing but in the ring for real. I want to actually walk head on into life with Holy Spirit guiding my steps and moving me forward. I am not a fan of New Years resolutions but I am a fan of assessing the year on your birthday and decide to do better next year. So as my birthday approaches I am decided that I must do better and run with purpose in every step!

No comments:

Post a Comment