Wednesday 21 November 2012

Isn't it Ironic

Isn't Ironic that after a long break from Pastor Purple I decided to return during the aftermath of the General Synods vote in the Church of England not to ordain in women bishops. It makes me smile at not only my timing but also at the affect of the vote. In essence the vote was lost by 6 votes in the house where there are more women than any other section. This is ironic.

But regardless of the vote it is time for me to get back to work. I can no longer deny that not only have I not being doing what God told me to do but that I have missed it deeply and I have been writing blogs in my head and missing sharing my thoughts with you.

So I am back. This time however I have a plan and not only does it involve me and my calling from God but this time I am accountable to others. My husband has made a huge investment in the ministry and this means I definitely am accountable for making sure its used appropriately. One of my best friend has spent many hours with me praying and fasting for what the ministry should look like and how I should do it. Finally a colleague has volunteered for their youth and teens to create some content specifically aimed at teenagers. What does all this mean? It means that I can no longer bury my head in the sand and pretend that I don't need to work for God. Because guess what all these people are holding me accountable and ensuring that the lazy evenings of falling asleep after looking after tiring toddlers are over get on with it Purple!

So hear I am smiling that while the Anglican church in this country might have the time to put of change and movement forward I no longer have that luxury. In the next few days I will be sharing with you my vision and purpose as well as some of the things that you can expect from pastor purple in the future. Guess what one of them will be and this is quite exciting for me. I am going to be doing a video blog as well as some other video content. How exciting is that. Bear with me because I have no idea how this fancy technology works but I intend to learn fast on the job.

Oh I have loved writing to you its been brilliant taking this first step. I have missed you greatly but have been scared to come back (shhh don't tell anyone). But really being able to talk with you and share my ideas is the most awesome experience especially since you can let me know how you are doing and what questions you have. Please remember this is now and will always be a conversation between us. A moment in the day to share with a totally human Pastor whats on your heart and have an honest response in love.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be here again its taken me by surprise. So I am gonna sign off now but will probably be back in a few moments gushing with some new chat. I look forward to speaking with you again.
God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment