Thursday 22 November 2012

Been a long day

Today has been one of those that doesn't seem to want to end. The kids are on super hyper and even though they normally sleep through the night today have been in and out of bed several times. All evening I have been wondering what to write as I really couldn't get my mind to focus on one thing. So after sifting through a million emails and sorting out various other things I decided to let the bible do the talking.

My verse for today happened to be Romans 13:15 which I couldn't believe as it seems perfect for me right now. It made me smile when I read it and I hope it makes you smile too.

I pray that God, the source of hope will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13 NLT

There in that verse lies the simplicity of our faith. If we put our faith, our trust in God then he will give you something so unbelievable that it flies in the face of what happens in this world. Joy and peace. In a world so filled with all sorts of turmoil to be given such a gift is truly amazing because it gives us hope each morning that this life is only temporary and the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment