Sunday 30 November 2014

Advent 2014

This year will be the first year I do advent! I have never before done an advent calendar. I have however eaten the chocolate after Christmas because they were on sale. I haven't done advent readings or anything. But this year with the kids I decided it was really important to do this. Don't ask me why but it was. 

I am prepared. I bought an advent calendar toys not chocolate... 


I wanted to make my own but time escaped me. 

I found a great reading to follow from Thriving Families...
http://www.thrivingfamily.com/Advent 
One year I might consider writing my own but this perfect takes you from garden to David to jesus. 

Problem was I found awesome worksheets. I got my Pinterest board covered with awesome Christmas ideas. However I have no printer so I had to improvise. 

I got two notebooks for my two storms. I looked at the reading and came up with the following. 


This is designed for the boys to work out how to colour and read. 

I

There is a text and then. 

Each colouring page indicates some element of the story. 

I have only managed three days so far in each book. But I am pleased with the result. 

I think the storms will enjoy covering their book with brightly coloured stickers. 

Creating a book at 3.30am might be tiring but it's worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment