Friday 23 December 2011

Let go let God

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55:22

Never has a bible text been more timely. I cannot tell you the stress I have over our financial situation. I spend a lot of time silently worrying without even noticing it and today I noticed more than normal.

This morning my over enthusiastic toddle hit me on the head with something and it let a sore spot on my forehead. Well apparently when I am silently and subconsciously worrying about money I rub my forehead. Well you can imagine that today I felt every time I subconsciously worried and in the end I think it gave me a headache. This is quite a different picture that this text paints.

I need to take God at his word and let go and give it to Him. It is doing me no favours holding onto this worry. After all my head doesn't want to feel so sore again.

No comments:

Post a Comment