Saturday 18 April 2015

Home church fun

What do you do with 4 kids, a toddler, a baby and 3 adults? Home church of course! So our first try this week at my sisters suggestion (awesome idea). 

Phase 1. 
Church. 
The children were brilliant opening prayer, song, aunties children story, their bible readings, a song and then closing prayer. 

Phase 2 
Sabbath School 
I used some of my resources that I had collecting dust on my shelf. I was so happy to break open the books and see how the kids did with them. 


First we started discussing what prayer is. This with the aide of magnetic words. They put together their prayers and then each said a prayer. It was so lovely to see how their prayers developed after our conversation. 

Second was putting together their own stories. I have to be honest I was surprised at how the task suited all ages. Ok the little ones needed more help. The middle one was competitive and wanted to finish same time as his bigger cousins. But they all read their stories proudly to the others. Better than mummy having to read the stories. 

Phase 3 
Lunch. 
No good day complete with a good meal. We all chipped in and made some good food. This the kids loved, they ate like they had never seen food before. I guess all the hard work was worth it.

Phase 4 
A good movie. 
This time it was Jonah Vegetales. Awesome fun. 

Phase 5 
A gift. 
The kids made key rings for friends. 

They did a brilliant job. 

When we asked them what there favourite part was. They all said having church entirely at my house. Brilliant. Job done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment